Instructions to Authors for Abstract Submission
Abstracts are only being accepted for poster presentations, although you may be approached by a Breakout Workshop Chair to give a short oral presentation within one of the relevant Breakout Workshops. Oral presentations in Plenary are limited to a few invited keynote speakers.
All accepted abstracts will be published on the IOCS website. Note that abstracts appearing on the conference site are not counted as publications and will not be protected by copyright, so may be submitted to a journal for publication following the meeting. A compendium of all abstracts will be made available to registered conference attendees via a secure website link. You are requested to download your copy of the Abstracts prior to the meeting (a link will be provided once abstract submission is closed).
Authors are requested to register for the meeting separately from abstract submission. Before you begin to complete the form to submit an abstract, please ensure that your abstract is in MS Word format for uploading to this site. Please review the following information about abstract formatting:
- MS Word file, which should include the title of the abstract and all authors’ names and addresses. The entire abstract should be in 11 point Calibri font.
- Put the title of your abstract in bold letters.
- List the authors’ names below the title, in a single line. If there are multiple authors with different addresses, please add a superscript to each name to refer to the list of addresses at the end of the abstract.
- If there are multiple authors, underline the name of the presenting author.
- The main body of the abstract should be NO MORE THAN 250 words (with no bibliography, tables or figures) – this does not include the title and list of authors. List the email addresses and addresses of each author after the text of the abstract, using the superscript numbers for the author list.
- Save the file using the naming format: Lastname-Firstname-IOCS-2017.docx
Submit Your Abstract
Abstract submission is now open until 1 April 2017 (deadline). Abstracts can only be submitted online via this website, using the fields below.
Have you registered for the meeting? If not, please do so before submitting a poster abstract.