Sharing of science at the IOCS-2023 meeting is facilitated through poster presentations. Poster presentations should be a visual representation of your abstract and should be designed to encourage dialogue. Posters may deal with any aspect of ocean colour remote sensing from research or operational perspectives.
Submitting a poster abstract
The IOCS-2023 Scientific Planning Committee invites you to submit a brief abstract for the poster display and lightning sessions.
You must first register for the meeting in order to receive your 4-digit confirmation number. If you have registered for the IOCS meeting and have not received your confirmation email with a 4-digit confirmation number, please contact email@example.com.
The participant submitting the abstract is considered the primary author. Each conference participant is limited to submitting one abstract as the primary author, but may be listed as a co-author on an unlimited number of abstracts.
Instructions to Authors
For detailed information on preparing your abstract, download the Instructions to Authors for Poster Abstracts
Poster abstract submission has been extended from 15 September 2023 and now closes on 14 October 2023 (deadline).
All accepted abstracts for posters will be published on the IOCS-2023 website. Note that abstracts appearing on the conference website are not counted as publications and will not be protected by copyright, so may be submitted to a journal for publication following the meeting. A compendium of all abstracts will be made available to conference attendees via the meeting website. Participants will be requested to download their copy of the abstracts prior to the meeting (a link will be provided once abstract submission is closed).
- Posters should be in portrait orientation.
- The limits of your poster size is 135 cm (H) x 90 cm (W) or 4 feet (H) x 3 feet (W) – please ensure that your poster fits within these limits.
- Authors should bring their posters to St. Petersburg, or personally arrange to have them printed locally.
- Posters should be attractive, clear and legible and could include graphs, photos, diagrams and limited text.
- Paragraph and figure caption text should be at least 24-point font (0.9 cm high) and headers at least 36 point font (1.2 cm high).
- Supplies for mounting posters will be provided at the meeting.
Presenting authors will receive an email confirming the acceptance of their poster, and will be notified in advance about which session(s) their poster will be presented and which day they should be present at their poster to accept questions.
Additionally, poster presenters will be able to share information with the audience quickly and efficiently (in 1 minute!) during special Poster Lightning Sessions. More information about the poster lightning sessions will be provided after the abstract submission period has closed.