Sharing of science at the IOCS-2023 meeting is facilitated through posters. Posters should be a visual representation of your abstract and should be designed to encourage dialogue. Posters may deal with any aspect of ocean colour remote sensing from research or operational perspectives.
There will be time for discussion of posters between authors and individual participants in an informal social setting. All posters will remain up for the entire meeting.
Presenting authors should have received emails confirming the acceptance of their poster, as well as confirming their participation in the poster lightning sessions if consent for the lightning session was checked as Yes during abstract submission.
Schedule of Poster Sessions and Lightning Talks
Posters will be up during the entire conference and can be discussed at any time, however your dedicated session is when you will be expected to be available for discussions and questions at your poster. Lightning presenters will present their lightning talk during their dedicated session.
Six poster sessions will be held, and presenters are assigned by poster number. All poster sessions are listed below, and visible in the meeting week-at-a-glance.
|1||1 – 5, 7 – 14, 16 – 22, 125 – 131||Tues. 14 Nov,||1:00 – 2:30 pm||1:00 – 1:15 pm|
|2||6, 15, 18, 23 – 43, 156||Wed. 15 Nov||9:30 – 11:00 am||9:30 – 9:45 am|
|3||44 – 76||Wed. 15 Nov,||1:45 – 2:30 pm||1:45 – 2:00 pm|
|4||77 – 98||Thurs. 16 Nov,||9:30 – 11:00 am||9:30 – 9:45 am|
|5||99 – 124||Thurs. 16 Nov||1:45 – 2:30 pm||1:45 – 2:00 pm|
|6||132 – 155, 157 – 167||Fri. 17 Nov||10:15 – 11:15 am||10:20 – 10:35 am|
Poster Lightning Talks
Poster presenters are able to share information with the audience quickly and efficiently during special Poster Lightning Sessions. Each lightning talk has a 5 second change over, and 35 seconds for content! Lightning talks will occur at the start of each poster session, with specific times listed above.
Lightning presenters will present their lightning talk during their dedicated session. Presenters were requested to submit a PPT presentation, containing two slides:
- A slide with your poster title, author names and poster number
- A content slide related to your poster (images recommended, rather than text)
The slides will advance automatically: 5 seconds for the first intro slide, and 35 seconds for the content slide. All presenters must be at the front of the room at the beginning of the session in numerical order of their posters, as lightning presentations will be done in numerical order. Know when your turn is coming up, and pay attention, as there will be missing numbers!
Tips & Reminders
For your 35-second lightning presentation,
- give an opening statement to acquaint the audience with the nature and purpose of the study and present the most important highlight of your work.
- It is not necessary to repeat your name or poster title.
- Use at least 24 point font
- Practise beforehand with a timer so you know how much time you have!
Please make sure to upload your lightning presentation slides to the presentation folder (using use the following naming format: LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME.ppt) or email Raisha Lovindeer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject poster lightning presentation by 6 November 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted!
- Posters should be in portrait orientation.
- The limits of your poster size is 120 cm (H) x 90 cm (W) or 48″ (H) x 36″ (W) – please ensure that your poster fits within these limits.
- Authors should bring their posters to St. Petersburg, or personally arrange to have them printed locally.
- Posters should be attractive, clear and legible and could include graphs, photos, diagrams and limited text.
- Paragraph and figure caption text should be at least 24-point font (0.9 cm high) and headers at least 36 point font (1.2 cm high).
- Supplies for mounting posters will be provided at the meeting.
Local Printing Option
- Florida Print Solutions
- Contact: Norm Hart
- USD $100+tax per poster (at the maximum size of 48″ H x 36″ W).
- Presenters are responsible for making contact, submitting their own artwork, and paying for their own poster. Contact the printer for deadlines to get your poster on time.
- Posters can be delivered by to:
USF Student Center
200 6th Ave S, 2nd Floor
St. Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
- All orders would be bulk delivered on Monday 13 November 2023.
Lightning Talk Guidelines
- Each lightning talk is 35 seconds long + a 5 sec change over.
- Only presenters who indicated yes to a lightning talk + submitted their slides will be able to give a lightning talk
- Each lightning talk PPT presentation must have 2 slides: 1 with poster title, author names and poster number + 1 with poster content
- Name your presentation LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME.ppt
- Submit slides by 6 November 2023. (Check your email for submitting folder. Late submissions will not be accepted)
- Images are recommended for content slides
- Lightning presenters must line up at the front of the Ballroom in order of your poster number.
- Slides will advance automatically: 5 seconds for the first intro slide, and 35 seconds for the content slide. Only use your own time and not those of other presenters.
- All presenters must be at the front of the room at the beginning of the session in numerical order of their posters, as lightning presentations will be done in numerical order. Know when your turn is coming up, and pay attention, as there will be missing numbers!