The format of IOCS-2019 will include:
- Invited talks by plenary speakers
- Presentations from space agencies outlining the status of current and planned missions
- 9 breakout workshops to address current critical issues in ocean colour science providing specific feedback to the space agencies,
- Special session on ocean colour remote sensing in Asian waters
- Poster sessions for participants to present their own research,
- Tentative training events and NASA Ocean Color Science Team (OCRT) meeting to be held in conjunction with IOCS-2019
A call for Chairs for breakout sessions will be issued soon and the full programme will be finalized in the coming months.