The IOCS-2023 meeting will take place at the University of South Florida (USF), St. Petersburg Campus, on the 2nd floor of the Student Center. The address:
USF Student Center [website]
200 6th Ave S,
St. Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
USF Telephone: +1 727-873-7748
Click here to take a virtual tour of the location.
- USF Student Center: 200 6th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- USF MSL (Marine Science Lab building, Room 134): 830 1st SE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- The HUB St. Pete: 450 8th Ave SE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- St. Pete Pier: 600 2nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Hyatt Place: 25 2nd St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- AC Marriott: 110 2nd St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- The Studio @620: 620 1st Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- USF Parking Lot: 6th Ave S +, 3rd St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701 (Get daily permits through ParkMobile app or website, https://www.stpetersburg.usf.edu/resources/administrative-and-financial-services/parking/permits/parkmobile.aspx)
The meeting venue on the USF St. Petersburg Campus is accessible by air, sea and land. See the following information on how to get to USF. Visit the USF website for more information. (Ensure that you are navigating to the St. Petersburg USF Campus (address above) and not the campus located in Tampa)
Nearest International Airports
Tampa International Airport (TPA)
Major international airport
4160 George J. Bean Parkway, Suite 2400
Tampa, FL 33607, USA
- Link to information on ground transportation to get to St. Petersburg Downtown
- Note that you are navigating to St. Pete and NOT Downtown Tampa
- The fastest way to get from the airport to St. Petersburg is a taxi or local ride-share (Uber/Lyft)
St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
Domestic & Canada
Suite 221, 14700 Terminal Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33762, USA
Link to information on ground transportation to get to St. Petersburg Downtown
To approach the USF St. Petersburg campus from Interstate 275, take exit 22 and merge onto Interstate 175. Continue straight onto 5th Ave S then turn right onto 3rd St S. Turn left onto 6th Ave S. The University Student Center/ Welcome Center is located on the right.
By Public Transportation
Visit the Pinellas Suncoast Transportation Authority (PSTA) for a bus map and general information.
Visitor parking permits at USF are USD $5/day and can be purchased online. For information on visitor parking permits see the USF website.
Participants of the IOCS are eligible for discounted room rates at select hotels in the walkable downtown St. Petersburg area (see rates below) The hotels are approximately a 10-minute walk to the meeting venue. The discounted rates include free WiFi and use of the pool and fitness room. Breakfast can be included depending on the hotel choice.
Click the respective links below to make a room reservation at the special IOCS-meeting rates. These rates will be available on a first come first served basis until their respective deadlines below, in October 2023.
|Hotel||IOCS-Link||Amenities||Room Rate /night|
AC Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown
IOCS Reservation Link
|Wifi, Pool, Fitness center.||$179 + tax single/double occupancy|
|Hyatt Place St. Petersburg Downtown
OR CODE (G-IOCC)
|Breakfast (with Hyatt Place membership, free sign-up online)
Wifi, Pool, Fitness center.
$239 + tax single/double occupancy
+$10/night for triple or quad occupancy
Foreign nationals entering the United States are required to have a valid passport, and in some cases a valid US visa. Please confirm with your nearest US Embassy or Consulate whether you require a visa to enter the United States, and start the process early as visa processing times have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.