IOCS-2017 Breakout Workshops
A total of 9 breakout workshops have been selected from the proposals submitted (three parallel sessions at any one time). They will address current critical issues in ocean colour science and are related to the overarching theme of the IOCS-2017 meeting: Exploring New Capabilities for Global Ocean Colour Observations. These breakout workshops will complement the formal scientific program, and will provide an opportunity for extended dialogue and exchange of ideas around the topic in question.
MONDAY 15 May 2017 (14:00 – 16:45)
- Remote sensing of inland and coastal waters
- Ocean colour algorithms and models for the Southern Ocean
- Use of active remote sensing for ocean colour
TUESDAY 16 May 2017 (14:00 – 16:45)
- Multi-water algorithms and performance assessment
- Advances in protocols for water-leaving radiance and related parameters
- Carbon from ocean colour radiometry
WEDSDAY 17 May 2017 (14:00 – 16:45)
- Hyperspectral remote sensing
- Trichodesmium detection from space
- Ocean colour vicarious calibration
Further information about these sessions will be posted in the near future.