Travel support scholarships are available from three different organizations to help support participants attend the IOCS-2017 meeting. Travel funding is provided by the IOCCG, EUMETSAT and the EU Joint Research Centre (JRC). Scholarships from the first two organizations are open to graduate students and young post-doctoral students who have used satellite ocean colour remote sensing data in their research, while the JRC scholarships are available to any participant that can demonstrate both the need for travel support, as well as the use of ocean colour radiometry data in their research.
- IOCCG scholarships will provide stipends of between $400 to $600 USD (depending on distance travelled) and are available in return for 3-4 hours work during the meeting, assisting at the registration desk, deploying microphones in the meeting rooms or helping with poster sessions, etc. Students selected for this financial support must:
- Speak English fluently, in order to communicate with organizers and participants
- Be willing to perform tasks assigned by the Meeting Manager for two periods of up to 2 hours each during the IOCS meeting.
- Should be presenting a poster
Work times will be scheduled so that you do not miss the talks you are most interested in. In order to be considered for one of these scholarship, please complete the form below. You will be asked for a brief statement (not more than 250 words) about your scientific interest in attending the meeting as well as the use of ocean colour radiometry data in your current research.
2. EUMETSAT scholarships will cover flights and accommodation, and are offered to students that can demonstrate the use of, or who plan to use, data from the Copernicus Marines Data Stream (CMDS – e.g., Sentinel data). In order to be considered for one of these scholarship, please complete the same application form below, and in your statement please explain what you are doing, or plan to do, with the CMDS data. Students presenting posters will be given preference for scholarship funds.
3. JRC Scholarships are available to any participants that can demonstrate a need for travel support. These participants should also explain how they are using ocean colour data in their research. Please complete the same application form below and provide a brief statement about your scientific interest in attending the meeting as well as the use of ocean colour radiometry data in your current research.
Positions will be filled based on the qualifications of the applicant, and their motivation, and NOT on a first come, first serve basis. If you have any questions about the IOCCG or JRC scholarships, please send an email to the Meeting Coordinator, Venetia Stuart (email@example.com), and if you have queries about the EUMETSAT Copernicus scholarships please contact Christine Traeger (Copernicus.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Travel support application form
Limited funding is available to assist participants attend the IOCS-2017 meeting. If you wish to apply for travel support, please complete the form below by 15 March 2017. Information requested in this application is treated confidentially. Selection of participants to receive scholarships will be based on their qualifications, their motivation statement, and potential use of satellite ocean colour data, and not on a first-come, first-serve basis.